Utilities such as ConED, National Grid, O&R Utilities, PSEG, PEPCO DC, PPL, etc. offer numerous incentives that will cover up to 85 percent of the project's cost.For instance, businesses or multifamily buildings installing LED lights, insulating pipes, replacing windows, insulating the roof or walls, repairing steam traps, or completing any other project that will increase the building's energy efficiency, might be eligible for incentives from their local utility.
Federal and State Incentives
- The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) based on the demands of your property or where you are in your energy management journey, offers incentives and technical help available to benefit owners and managers of commercial and multifamily buildings. NYSERDA provides incentives to run energy studies and implement energy efficiency measures.
- Knowing how a recession could exacerbate the economic woes caused by the
pandemic, the United States government recently passed The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022. This historic legislation aims to reduce the deficit, address climate change, and lower healthcare and drug prices. It is important for various reasons:
● The ongoing effects of increased inflation may contribute to an economic recession.
● The Inflation Reduction Act offers historic measures to combat inflation that could save American families thousands of dollars a year.
● The more families can save on healthcare costs, the better prepared they’ll be for an economic downturn.
F&D Partners will help your business to manage the projects and apply for incentives from the State, Federal and Utilities which, coupled with the savings from refunds and procurement, will almost pay in full for several energy efficiency projects in the property. This will then lead to a greener building and more energy savings.